Help Lead Your Industry as a Board Member for the Oracle Transportation Management Special Interest Group (OTM SIG)
Call for Candidates Submission Deadline: 11:59 p.m. EDT, October 30, 2017
The OTM SIG invites you to join your colleagues and contemporaries to represent a collective membership of professionals dedicated to promoting, shaping and leading the future of Oracle Transportation Management. As an OTM SIG Board Member, you join a dedicated team of professionals working together to:
- Help promote the ideals and activities of the OAUG in the region
- Enable communication with Oracle on direction and strategy
- Share information and experiences among users, managers, and IT professionals
- Be a conduit for recommended enhancements to Oracle products or processes
- Provide feedback to Oracle from the user community
- Facilitate conferences, training and education among the user community
- Provide representation for the OTM SIG at national and local events
The Call for Candidates
The OTM SIG bylaws authorize 13 voting members, five (5) non-voting members, and one (1) Oracle liaison on the Board of Directors. OTM SIG members elect 18 representatives to the Board of Directors from a slate of current, active members. The 2017 election will contain nine (9) open seats. Directors serve staggered, two-year terms. Directors represent the OTM SIG membership at large on policy issues, relations with Oracle Corporation, conference planning and overall user affairs.
OTM SIG Board Openings for the 2017 Election
To ensure continuity of the OTM SIG direction and strategy, we do not replace our entire board membership at the same time. Rather, every year a portion of the board is re-elected. Regular participation in quarterly conference calls is required as well attendance at weekly board meetings and more frequent meetings leading up to our annual conference. This averages to approximately 4-6 volunteer hours per month and is essential for the board to function properly and to be successful in all of its endeavors. The board may have one annual planning meeting per year prior to the OTM Conference.
- Three (3) Americas Client positions, Two (2) Americas Partner/Consultancy position
- Three (3) APAC/EMEA Client positions, One (1) APAC/EMEA Partner/Consultancy position
If you would like to help shape the future direction of the OTM SIG, please include the following information in an e-mail or Word document and submit via e-mail to Janelle Daniels, Geo/SIG Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 11:59 p.m. EDT, October 30, 2017.
- Email Address:
- Contact Phone:
- Candidate Biography:
- Photo (optional)
Please reference "OTM SIG BOD Election Nomination" in your e-mail subject line.
Candidate biographies are limited to a total of 250 words or fewer. We encourage the use of bulleted lists within your biographical submission to assist the voting members during their review of the ballot. The inclusion of a photograph with your submission is optional.
Please include in your biography:
- Why you are running for the OTM SIG Board of Directors and what you can contribute to the organization?
- A description of your leadership and strategic planning skills.
- Previous volunteer contributions to the OAUG or other user groups.
We look forward to receiving your response. Please contact Janelle Daniels, OAUG Geo/SIG Manager, at email@example.com or +1 404.789.3167 if you have any questions.