Call for Candidates Submission Deadline: 11:59 PM EST, November 8, 2016
The OTM SIG invites you to join your colleagues and contemporaries to represent a collective membership of professionals dedicated to promoting, shaping and leading the future of Oracle Transportation Management. As an OTM SIG Board Member, you join a dedicated team of professionals working together to:
- Help promote the ideals and activities of the OAUG in the region
- Enable communication with Oracle on direction and strategy
- Share information and experiences among users, managers, and IT professionals
- Be a conduit for recommended enhancements to Oracle products or processes
- Provide feedback to Oracle from the user community
- Facilitate conferences, training and education among the user community
- Provide representation for the OTM SIG at national and local events
The Call for Candidates
The OTM SIG bylaws authorize 13 voting members, five (5) non-voting members, and one (1) Oracle liaison on the Board of Directors. OTM SIG members elect 18 representatives to the Board of Directors from a slate of current, active members. The 2016 election will contain nine (9) open seats. Directors serve staggered, two-year terms. Directors represent the OTM SIG membership at large on policy issues, relations with Oracle Corporation, conference planning and overall user affairs.
OTM SIG Board Organization
The OTM SIG Board positions include:
- Seven (7) Americas Client positions, Three (3) Americas Partner/Consultancy positions
- Six (6) APAC/EMEA Client positions, Two (2) APAC/EMEA Partner/Consultancy positions
- One (1) Oracle APAC/EMEA Liaison
- A Board Chair for Americas and EMEA/APAC is elected by the OTM SIG board following each election. Preference will be given to a board member that has served at least one year. In the best interest of the OTM SIG and in order to maintain the focus of the user-based community, the chair role is limited to client candidates.
- APAC/EMEA positions will focus on outreach in the APAC/EMEA regions in order to gain a global presence with the OTM SIG.
OTM SIG Board Openings for the 2016 Election
To ensure continuity of the OTM SIG direction and strategy, we do not replace our entire board membership at the same time. Rather, every year a portion of the board is re-elected. Regular participation in quarterly conference calls is required as well attendance at weekly board meetings and more frequent meetings leading up to our annual conference. This averages to approximately 4-6 volunteer hours per month and is essential for the board to function properly and to be successful in all of its endeavors. The board may have one annual planning meeting per year prior to the OTM Conference.
- Americas – four (4) client seats open
- Americas – one (1) consulting seat open
- APAC/EMEA – three (3) client seats open
- APAC/EMEA Partner/Consultancy Board Members – one (1) consulting seat
If you would like to help shape the future direction of the OTM SIG, please include the following information in an e-mail or Word document and submit via e-mail to Molly Whobrey, Geo/SIG Manager, at email@example.com, no later than 11:59 PM EST, November 8, 2016.
- Email Address:
- Contact Phone:
- Candidate Biography:
- Photo (optional)
Please reference "OTM SIG BOD Election Nomination" in your e-mail subject line.
Candidate biographies are limited to a total of 250 words or fewer. We encourage the use of bulleted lists within your biographical submission to assist the voting members during their review of the ballot. The inclusion of a photograph with your submission is optional.
Please include in your biography:
- Why you are running for the OTM SIG Board of Directors and what you can contribute to the organization?
- A description of your leadership and strategic planning skills.
- Previous volunteer contributions to the OAUG or other user groups.
Special Notes / Requirements / Qualifications
OTM SIG Board Guidelines:
- Both Partner/Consultancy and Oracle Liaison role are non-voting positions.
- Oracle liaisons will assist the board as requested.
- Board meetings will normally be held each Friday at 11:00 AM EST. APAC/EMEA meet biweekly at 6:00 AM GMT.
- Board positions are granted to an individual not a company and may not be substituted by individual board members.
- In the event the chair is unable to meet specified requirements, the board will appoint a new chair to fulfill those requirements through the end of the term.
- In the event a board member is unable to hold their position the voting results will be consulted and the person for the vacated role with the next highest results will be invited to join the board.
- In the event board member transitions to a new company; the board member will have 90 days from the time of vacating their company to secure a position that meets the board member criteria. If a new position is not secured, the voting results will be consulted and the person for the vacated role with the next highest results will be invited to join the board. The balance of client/consultancy must be maintained at all times.
- The electoral process will follow the guidelines set by OAUG; Elections to be held every year with alternating expiring seats. The election process will be fully managed by OAUG in compliance with OAUG bylaws.
- Elections will be held annually with:
- Odd Years - three (3) client seats and two (2) partner/consultancy seats will become available (2017, 2019, etc.)
- Even Years - four (4) client seats and one (1) partner/consultancy seat will become available (2016, 2018, etc.)
- APAC/EMEA - three (3) client seats and one (1) partner/consultancy seat will become available each year.
- Clients, and Partners/Consultancies may hold only one (1) seat per company per region.
- The OTM SIG board reserves the right to review results and ensure election guidelines are upheld in the case of a discrepancy.
- Terms are defined as beginning with the first OTM SIG voting cycle in December of 2007. Additionally, a term is defined as a board member serving more than half of the term.
- Oracle will have one liaison per region present on the board to be appointed by the Oracle OTM Product Leadership team.
- Elections will end at 11:59 PM EST November 30, 2016. The OAUG will tally all votes and provide information about the newly elected board members by close of business on December 14, 2016.
Several changes have been made to the electoral process to ensure that the OTM SIG remains an independent, user-driven board. The following voting requirements have been implemented to ensure that the election is fair and not skewed by any single company:
- Voting shall be restricted to individuals that meet the following guidelines:
- Registered OTM SIG member at the time the election begins (11:59 PM November 14, 2016)
- Employee of a company that is designated as a current or future end user of Oracle Transportation Management. Consulting companies, including Oracle, and Software Providers will be ineligible to vote.
- Ballots will be sent to email addresses of individuals that are current OTM SIG members and will include a voting key. Voting keys are a unique identifier that ensures only you can vote and that the vote can only be submitted once.
- Based on the honor system, the first question asked on the ballot will be "Is your company a current or future end user of OTM?", a no answer will be our flag to eliminate the vote from the tally.
- Voters will enter their name/company/and email address on the ballot, when the election is closed, those who answered no to the end user question will be thrown out. Board members will also review the results and have the right to throw out votes that do not meet the guidelines.
We look forward to receiving your response. Please contact Molly Whobrey, OAUG Geo/SIG Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.